Thursday, August 21, 2014

Sixty Minute Artist

Came across a blog some time back that I have found extremely educational.
Here is what the owner Jerry Lebo has to say about it.
“I started this blog for a simple reason: I need to paint to keep myself from going crazy, and with a full-time job and four kids, it is not always easy to find the time. So in June 2007, I set a challenge for myself. Give myself a minimum of sixty minutes a day (more if possible)–and try to make progress in my painting. So, through this blog I am going to let you follow my efforts. I am not trying to convince you that you can make or sustain yourself as an artist on sixty minutes a day–painting is a life-long pursuit and takes serious committment. Also, you should not be under the illusion that you can make a painting in 60 minutes–some take weeks or even months to complete. This blog is not about making art faster, it is about how to turn consistent effort into something worth looking at.”
Check it out – http://sixtyminuteartist.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment